Families of USD 475,
Please look through the information below regarding registration, specific wrestling information and contact information for coaches and athletic department personnel at Junction City High School. (Scroll to the bottom for access to JCHS Wrestling Team Handbook Information)
- If you have a student who is interested in participating in a wrestling at Junction City High School, we ask you to please register your student for participation through our online registration process. A direct link to that process is: https://registermyathlete.com/login/ Directions for completing the online registration process are: Parent_Guardian Instructions – Student-Athlete Online Registration 7-28-20 ; Spanish Translation – Parent_Guardian-Instructions-Student-Athlete-Online-Registration_-USD-475
- As part of the online registration process, you will need to upload a new sports physical FORM-PPE_Spring 2020 Update, FORM-PPE_Spring 2020 Update_Spanish and the KSHSAA covid questionnaire –KSHSAA-Covid-19-Pre-Part-Questionnaire-fillable-both-pages1 Physicals must be dated after May 1, 2020. Please schedule physicals as soon as you possibly can.
- Students/Families who have made the decision to choose remote learning as a platform for education during this school year will be eligible to participate in KSHSAA athletic programs. Transportation to and from school will be the responsibility of the student/family.
Reminders regarding process put in place during COVID-19 (see below)
Prior to any activity that a student participates in we ask the family/student to ask these questions for screening prior to attending school, practice or competition.
- Today or in the past 24 hours have you had any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (temperature greater than 100.4)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different than your seasonal allergies
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Do you have a household or close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks?
- Temperature check with a thermometer is recommended but not required (greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit is considered a fever).
- Forehead thermometer/touchless thermometer is preferable.
If the answer is YES to any of these questions, then please do not attend the activity and put others at risk.
Athletic Department – PROCESS AND PROCEDURES (these procedures may be added to/changed as we progress through the 2020-21 school year and subject to change at any time.)
- Local, State, District and KSHSAA guidelines will be followed regarding practice and competition and will be communicated prior to August 17th.
- Sport specific procedures will be shared by head coaches of each program with families/students.
- Attendance will be taken daily.
- Students will enter and exit areas at designated locations for school, practices, competitions.
- Students will be asked to leave if feeling sick or ill.
- Sanitizing procedures will be in place.
- Staff will clean and inspect equipment regularly.
- Students will be asked to provide their own water bottles and properly label.
- Students will be asked to wash/sanitize hands frequently throughout the day/practice/competition.
- Students will be asked to follow all procedures that are established for safety of self and others
Access to the Wrestling Handbook for Parents & Coaches: PLEASE CLICK HERE: