Families of Junction City High School,
As we prepare for winter sports which are scheduled to begin the 16th of November, we ask you to please look through the information below regarding registration, specific sports program information and contact information for coaches and athletic department personnel at Junction City High School.
We will be sharing information on limitations for spectators at our winter events in the near future. Those will be published through our web-site, skyward and through team communications.
Individual programs will also be sharing additional information as it relates to procedures for Covid mitigation processes.
Information related to Junction City High School
- If you have a student who is interested in participating in a winter sports program at Junction City High School, we ask you to please register your student for participation through our online registration process. A direct link to that process is: https://registermyathlete.com/login/ Directions for completing the online registration process are: Parent_Guardian Instructions – Student-Athlete Online Registration 7-28-20 ; Spanish Translation – Parent_Guardian-Instructions-Student-Athlete-Online-Registration_-USD-475
- Winter sports offered at Junction City High School are: Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, B/G Bowling, Boys Swim, B/G Wrestling. Links to find information regarding those specific sports programs are included: Boys Swim Information, Boys Basketball Information, Girls Basketball Information, B/G Wrestling Information, B/G Bowling information to be updated shortly. – tryouts for bowling do not occur until December.
- As part of the online registration process, you will need to upload a new sports physical FORM-PPE_Spring 2020 Update, FORM-PPE_Spring 2020 Update_Spanish and the KSHSAA covid questionnaire –KSHSAA-Covid-19-Pre-Part-Questionnaire-fillable-both-pages1 Physicals must be dated after May 1, 2020. Please schedule physicals as soon as you possibly can.
- Students/Families who have made the decision to choose remote learning as a platform for education during this school year will be eligible to participate in KSHSAA athletic programs. Transportation to and from school will be the responsibility of the student/family. Additional guidance regarding expectations for eligibility and co-curricular programs will be provided in the near future.
- Contact information link for our head coaches is located at: https://bluejayathletics.org/athletic-dept-info/
- As always….if you have questions or concerns please contact us at 785-717-4214 via phone or email email@example.com – Mrs. Sharon Bloomdahl is our administrative assistant in the athletic department.
- Reminders regarding process put in place during COVID-19 (see below)
Prior to any activity that a student participates in we ask the family/student to ask these questions for screening prior to attending school, practice or competition.
- Today or in the past 24 hours have you had any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (temperature greater than 100.4)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different than your seasonal allergies
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Do you have a household or close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks?
If the answer is YES to any of these questions, then please do not attend the activity and put others at risk.
Athletic Department – PROCESS AND PROCEDURES (these procedures may be added to/changed as we progress through the 2020-21 school year and subject to change at any time.)
- Local, State, District and KSHSAA guidelines will be followed regarding practice and competition and will be communicated prior to August 17th.
- Sport specific procedures will be shared by head coaches of each program with families/students.
- Attendance will be taken daily.
- Students will enter and exit areas at designated locations for school, practices, competitions.
- Students will be asked to leave if feeling sick or ill.
- Sanitizing procedures will be in place.
- Staff will clean and inspect equipment regularly.
- Students will be asked to provide their own water bottles and properly label.
- Students will be asked to wash/sanitize hands frequently throughout the day/practice/competition.
- Students will be asked to follow all procedures that are established for safety of self and others.